Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dresser

This was purchased from my local Habitat Re-Store for $50.  It is the perfect size for my master bedroom, and I love the lines and curvature of it.


It looks like at one point it was white and someone attempted to distress it, or maybe just rub black paint all over it?!?!


Notice the the nice flowers....


So my first step was to sand it, which wasn't as easy as it sounds because of its curves.  I then primed it with 2 layers of primer.


I used this Bulls Eyes Primer.  It worked really well, but you have to allow it to set up for 7 days before you can paint it.  Good thing I don't have that much extra time on my hands!




So I looked at these samples for about a week, and Riley made the final decision...

and here is the finished product....






                                           BEFORE                                           AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment