Monday, May 9, 2011

Dining Room Chair Mismatch!

I have inherited these chairs one by one over the past several years.  Historically I have just picked up some fabric remnants and stapled it over what was originally on the chairs.  So now that I have 3 chairs and they all have different fabric it is time for a change.


I'm really sad that I failed to take a pic of the trio prior to stripping them down.  They all had different fabric, 2 were striped (but different pattern and colors) and one was floral.


I decided to strip them down to their bones to make sure they were in good condition and loose all the layers of fabric.  I found some fabric that had the browns, blues and greens that are in my dining room on clearance from JoAnn's Fabrics.


The Result:

I also have been attempting to teach myself how to sew.  I did make this one pillow, yes button and all.  However I have not had the patience to make the others!  Still practicing, hoping to get it one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment